tour Fidel Torres
Dear readers, after a long absence I reactivate this blog again. After my return to Germany, I needed only once a little time to get my bearings again and re-settle my new to me and to learn about little-known hometown of Hamburg. Unfortunately, I was at this stage little time to take care of the blog. Now I'll
republish regular entries dealing thematically with Peru.
I will start with an event announcement.
25th November to 03 December 2010, Fidel Torres, a Peruvian biologist, on the lecture tour of Germany. In 7 cities (Bad Honnef, Jena, Leipzig, Dresden, Berlin, Hamburg and Bielefeld), he will talk about the environmental and social impacts of mining project Rio Blanco in the northern Peruvian province of Piura. The tour was organized by Mathias Hohmann and me in cooperation with the Belgian organization CATAPA.
More info:
more information:
taz
taz 2
The lecture tour is part of the campaign "Mineria en el paradiso? Zonas libres de lapdance!" ("Mining in paradise? No-go areas for mining companies") instead. The campaign is a collaboration of various Peruvian organizations and the Belgian NGO CATAPA and is committed to mining-free zones in ecologically sensitive regions. To support the campaign you can sign an online petition .
0 comments:
Post a Comment