Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jean Ann Ryan Auditions

Once through Central Park skating

An internship in New York, was for me a big long dream. I had seen on television and in movies as much about the "Big Apple" that I finally wanted to see the city itself in order to form my own opinion.

When I was at JFK airport first set foot on American soil, I could not even believe that I now actually "over there" bin. Since I picked up my girlfriend Manuela and an acquaintance of her at the airport, I had no time naturally have to take too great a view of the city. Manuela and I had not seen for two months (and we were including those two months only three months together!) so I had to do other things than the New York skyline to admire on the way from the airport to my new home.
had
During this first internship in the States, I go to several opportunities in the city. But since we a two-hour train ride from Central Station were living, I was rarely in the city than I would have liked.

later had During my second internship 2 years I have more time for me to see the city because I lived in the middle of Brooklyn and needed "only" 45 minutes from my apartment to Union Square Park in midtown Manhattan. So I spent much time in the city, looked me to all parts of Italy to the Bronx Littly and ran on my best day from Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan up to 110 street (a little over 12 miles!) that the Central Park bounded on the north.

A long-cherished dream of mine was to ride once with inline skates through Central Park. I had so often seen movies where the main characters jogged through Central Park, rode bicycles or drove on skates, so I make sure wanted to.

I had my skates on the flight as hand luggage taken on board, which had left the flight attendant with an irritated groan, because the skates were very cumbersome and not in the tray adapted for hand luggage. In the end, but found it in a kind of chest at the rear exit of the aircraft still room for the skates.

As long as I lived in Brooklyn, but I had never had the time or inclination on the subway to go to Central Park to skate just about there and then drenched in sweat to go back to showering in my apartment in Brooklyn. It was too expensive so I just skated around a bit in Brooklyn, to stay there a little look around.

After four weeks of practical training I got my girlfriend still visit for two weeks and we wanted to look around a little in the city and perhaps rumreisen. Because my landlord in Brooklyn did not want a second person was living in my room, I had to look what else.

not entirely altruistic, I looked for a hostel in the 110 road at the north end of Central Park. So I could meet on the morning of the day of Manuela's arrival at Newark Airport or my dream: once by the Central Park skating!

Central Park is actually one paradox: because in a city where the rental space is almost worth its weight in gold, such a large, non-commercial space to have, is actually an impossibility. The fact that no one has tried, Central Park into a "Central Parking Lot" or is to transform a large office complex, hard to believe - has tried well, it certainly someone, just so far was not successful.

In any case, it was to ride for me a very special experience, with skating through Central Park. Thus, a huge, green oasis in a canyon of skyscrapers in the middle of the city is already a strange sight.

I had enough time, I skated from the corner of Central Park West and West 110th Street, a large round through Central Park past the Harlem Meer and the Jackie Onassis Reservoir all the way down to West 59 Street and then back again. The weather was sunny and almost a bit too hot the streets around the park were teeming with joggers, cyclists, skaters, hikers and horse drawn carriages, but as the roads in the park extra have a fast track for those in a hurry, I was still thoroughly and enjoyed it in the shadow of the New York skyline a tour of the Park turn.

I was still on the way back a stop at the level of West 93rd Street. There is a small paved circuit, where inline and roller skaters in the shade of the trees turn to the music of street musicians make their rounds - and "Showing off" can operate.
A few women athletes in the strict dress fly round and showed her curves as well as a few skaters Bodybuilders who hinted her perfectly shredded abdominal muscles through their skin-tight, sleeveless shirts.

Besides these typical fitness studio audience to see some normal people, including an elderly man who drove in the round-about and thereby three water bottles on his head balanced - I later learned that this "water carrier" has taken almost a similar celebrity had, as the Nude Cowboy in Times Square.

Since approached the arrival of Manuel and I take a shower before or should, I had to go home. Back at the hostel, I wondered how all the joggers, cyclists and Skater made even with the showers after sport. I had, despite intensive Internet search is no way to shower or wash up in the vicinity of the park found for example in a swimming pool or a gym and was glad that my hostel was right on the border of the park, so I without a long subway or bus ride came to a shower.

The other athletes, whom I had met in my lap through the park had to either live around the park, or have no problem to harass their fellow citizens by their body odor in public transport - on the other, the smells to a sometimes from one of the hopelessly overcrowded Subway Wagon spilled contrary, the exhalations of the joggers were surely only negligible.

took the afternoon my friend at the airport and did not come a second time to to skate through the park. But at least I had this dream come true to me once and it was well worth it!

for a long time, I imagined how it would be like to live in an apartment on Central Park West, and often to a go-around through the park can - to this day have I met this particular dream yet, but what is not can still be ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment