Friday, December 11, 2009

Where Can You Buy Mifeprex

Social struggles and beaches

Last week Friday I for 6 days after a spontaneous Tripp Ayabaca'm broken. Ayabaca is a small town near the Ecuadorian border and is one of Piura in northern Cajamarca department in Peru. Actually I wanted to travel on to Huancabamba that the security situation was no longer though. But from the beginning ...


... recently, the US-American doctoral student Amanda to study in Cajamarca. She earned her doctorate on the topic of mining and social conflict, was for research purposes in the city and had their temporary HQ studies in the offices established by Grufides. We started to talk, chew a little and have exchanged views on our plans. She told me about an uncertain research trip to Piura and we agreed to travel together, there has been a attack on the base camp of the Rio Blanco mine early November, the situation in Huancabamba considerably strained. However, was this incident (in which there was a dead and has not been cleared) again a few weeks back and we thought the situation has somewhat calmed down. So I got her phone call that would have spontaneously reported interviewer, she just had time and losführe end of the week. So I canceled all appointments and Nicholas, ticket bought on the bus and go.

with the church around the village 21h way

I was a little surprised by the temporal extent of the bus trip, because on the map it did not look far. However, the bus due to the lack of direct flights from 2700m down to the coast 7h Cajamarca to Chiclayo, and from there further north next 2 hours in the coastal city of Piura, and from there go again 6h high in the mountains, because Ayabaca lies at 2,700 m.

church on the Plaza de Armas in Ayabaca

landed in Ayabaca me Amanda received at first with the bad news because of our onward journey to Huancabamba was empty, the police last Wednesday during a demonstration had shot two campesinos (Castulo Huayama Correa [39], Vicente Romero Ramírez [52]). The situation was therefore again quite tight and we decided for safety reasons Huancabamba avoided.

"Aqua sí, no metal"

But it was also in Ayabaca enough research, because the City is located north of the Rio Blanco mine ( Zijing Mining, China ) and is struggling with problems similar Huancabamba, which lies south of the mine. However, it is relatively quiet and the Ayabaca social conflicts related to mining are not as high as Potential escalation in Huancabamba. The reason for this explained to us, the activists of various local organizations (Ronda Campesina, environmental organizations, youth groups, church, women's associations etc.) in the interviews. They are convinced that the organization and cohesion of the social movement in Ayabaca is much settled as in other mining areas. In a democratic basis organized citizens' survey in 2007 also spoke out in 94% of the population of the district Ayabaca against mining activity. This cohesion they see as collective protection from state repression. The reasons for the NO to the mining industry are consistent with those in Cajamarca: Risk of water quantity and quality, environmental destruction, land theft, lack of participation and lack of income redistribution.

Hilda, our local guide, location, Amanda and I voiced with delicious mulled wine

Instead, our interviewee (s) reasonably accurate ideas about economic alternatives to mining: export-oriented organic farming (coffee, sugar, fruit, vegetables) and livestock as well as ecotourism. Ayabaca also has a wide range of local specialties such as dulces (sweets), tragos (booze) and a fantastic mulled wine to offer.

the crew of the resistance transmitter "Radio Ayabaca"

particularly impressive, I found that in the wake of the events in Huancabamba the interviewees were tense very sad and emotional, but still, without exception, only methods advocate of peaceful resistance and support. The rationale for the choice pacifist struggle was both to emphasize the peaceful mentality of the people of Ayabaca. On the other hand, the decision to peaceful resistance is well established in the knowledge that the state runs an escalation strategy to strengthen the social conflicts related to mining and thus attempt to criminalize social movements. In this game abgekarterte do not engage the defenders in Ayabaca.

in studio interview with Olivares

Finally, we received an invitation to the local resistance radio, where we were interviewed by us. Amanda said on the air In perfect English the reason for our stay and I stumbled out a few slogans and solidarity witnessed my respect for the well-organized social movement in Ayabaca.

visit to the state broadcaster of Ayabaca "Radio campesino"

at 8.12. now instead we traveled back to Huancabamba to Piura. Studying my guide, I decided on the trip, the forced change of plan to use to treat me to something. Vamos a la playa! only 45min bus ride from Piura is Playa Colán and should belong to me one night. Amanda did not share my spontaneous decision and so I went on alone. 3Sol of Piura, Paita paid for, and then by taxi (2.5 Sol) to Colán. I was chauffeured from taxista to a favorable board of his choice and was taken there by an elderly couple in reception. A room for the night 20sol, please, "and because the beach is near", I asked them. As the innkeeper led me with a questioning face down the hallway of the small house to the terrace and there ... Pacific surged since the 3m front of the terrace steps to the beach. A dream! The sun was also just below, perfect timing, a cold beer and fresh ceviche were served, as stretched then also for the hammock me was, I was in the 7th Sky. The warm sea breeze caressing my skin, the monotonous waves of Branden was music to my ears, house cat thing clung to me, the cold beer was like oil and my book reads like its own. Heavenly!

Ä dream!

Good morning paradise

The next morning I started with a coffee in hand and sea views in mind. After breakfast, I splashed a little on the warm Pacific. I dared not swim further rauszu, because I had divided the large shark of the fish market in Piura in memory and in my head I heard with every wave that came upon me to the tune of "Jaws." So I stayed near the beach and danced Wellenpogo. To dry, I made an extended walk on the beach and took me straight back a blazing sun fire. Against 14am I had to reluctantly say goodbye again from this heavenly place and drove by in a monster to ride to Cajamarca, where I arrived the next day at 6am.

PIMP

the silence of the sharks

perfect host

0 comments:

Post a Comment