Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Is Veet Ok For Genital

Depp

When I went to my second internship at NYU in the U.S., I asked my Professor about to bring him a few things and Germany.

He already had departed a few days before me and had me leave the message that things would be in his office on the table. The day before my departure I went to his office to pack up the things I take for him wanted - I HiWi (research assistant) was in his Department, I had a key to his office.
When I entered the office I almost by lightning! On the table two large printer paper cartons were filled with completed questionnaires, three boxes of brand new headsets for PCs, some books from the university library, and a headrest made of metal for scientific experiments, in which the head of the participant needs to be clicked.
latter in particular was to transport very large and poor. The head restraint consisted of a base plate made of metal, on which two good 1-meter-long rods were screwed. Halfway up was a cross bar with an indentation a chin rest mounted about 25 cm above it was an ergonomically shaped front bracket attached. All in all, the unit looked very brutal, as an instrument of torture in the Russian army or something - and I should introduce in the U.S. to get through customs. Oh great!

As I recovered from my shock, I first went to the office of the secretary of my professors: "Hello Hendrike, tell me the Prof asked me to bring him a few things in the U.S.. You know, if he thinks all the stuff on the table in his office? "

Hendrike turned in her chair to face me. "As far as I know. Why you ask? "

" I can not possibly take all the boxes with paper. May I introduce only 25 kilograms of baggage in the U.S., the paper alone weighs 10 kilos so already determined. In addition, I get that not everything in my suitcase. "

" Hm, no idea how you shall do it. He said only that he needs the documents on Monday. "

" I can take the impossible, "I said.

"Look, we call him once in the U.S.." She looked at the clock on their computer. Said, "In New York it should be now 10 clock early, as it would actually be reached in his office."

done. The problem was quickly resolved when I do not things could take, we should send them to him via express mail. He needed the documents on Monday morning. The headphones and the head restraint should I bring but yourself.

Since the two cardboard boxes were so heavy, I offered Hendike that I bring the boxes to the front post and there would do the paperwork for shipment. Once in the House post office I figured the post office staff that the postage would be for the two boxes 154 €!

I found it horrendously expensive, I called Hendrike to assure me that I should send the package itself for that price. They confirmed to me that Prof. has said that he needed the package would need on Monday, no matter what the cost.

And so I sent him a pile of paper - according to my experience, in which he would most likely not even look into it - for almost as much money as 20 hours would cost HiWi ...

The rest I took with me to my home, even if I had not considered how I would get this chunky head rest in my suitcase. Fortunately, the rest could be almost completely taken apart, so I could lay the rod across in my suitcase.

I had my account but not with the security services made at the airport. Even when departing in Frankfurt, I had to open my suitcase and explain what would lie there for a rod in it. The German authorities could be quite fast but I was able to appease and give my suitcase for the flight.

A colleague of mine had told me once that she had forgotten a bread knife in her hand luggage at the airport then pretty thoroughly frisked and questioned, was before her (of course without the knife, which you had to mail it to yourself ) allowed the departure.
After landing would have security guards at the exit from the plane waited to take her away to a private meeting with an interviewer of airport security. Apparently, it concluded, the colleague, informed an employee of the departure airport security services at the arrival airport is about her faux pas.

similar happened to me at JFK airport in New York. For me, the security officials were waiting, but not when starting the gangway but only at the switch for entry into the United States. And the U.S. officials were much more thoroughly than their German colleagues.

me my entire suitcase left on a table at the immigration counters to overcome, so that all the other passengers could see my clothes including my underwear. Moreover, I show the function of the local unit so that I was forced to the headrest in front of the official build and show off - luckily I did not know anyone in the queues at the immigration counters. Just as you looked at me, I had just delivered them an unforgettable performance.

I also had a student ID card of the University of Konstanz with me and the address of the offices of the New York University, where I should report on Monday morning were to grant me the officials but in the end. After all, the plane had arrived in a part of New York and all the other weapons that are on U.S. highways go, my head rest arm only a little evil. Also had I on the I-54 form that any foreign national to fill the aircraft must not checked, that plan I would kill the U.S. president (this question is actually put - as if had there ever been someone "yes" is checked .. .)

The headsets and the linkage I made on Monday at the university. The two boxes of questionnaires came only on Wednesday.

"If you had to bring the questionnaires but can not? You are a strong young man "- these words were the only thanks that I could make myself at the airport to Depp. Well thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment